As I look back on the 80’s, I suppose the pop group Duran Duran could be best remembered for their intriguing lyrics and bizarre music videos. The band was promoted and followed by many big names in industry
The group, named after a character in the movie Barbarella, consisted of five suave-looking members – Simon [...]
When I think of Meatloaf, I can easily visualize the portly singer sweating profusely while jumping around the stage . . . his hair in complete disarray matted to his reddened face . . . and his eyes clenched tight as he belted out each note with as much emphasis as humanly possible.
Of course [...]
You know it’s funny how I learned that Kenny Loggins was responsible for so many of the great hits that I’ve liked over the years . . .
It was Christmas time and I was in the record store searching for some good holiday CD’s. The song “Celebrate Me Home” was playing in the background. [...]
The group The Bangles was born in 1981, coming from the same place that produced Rain Parade and Dream Syndicate. Starting completely on their own they made their first recordings on their own label and soon after for Faulty Products which inspired a self-titles mini album.
The original members at this time were comprised of [...]
Of course like many Gen Xers, I remember the J. Geils band best for 80’s renditions like “Freeze Frame” and “Centerfold” –- what I didn’t realize was that the band goes way back… as far as 1967, the very year I was born.
From way back when, each band member shared a common bond — [...]
Named after a river in Greek Mythology, this band can surely be classified as one of the greatest pop bands of the 70’s and 80’s. The reason is twofold – nearly every one of their albums contains a hit song, and each track is exceptionally good!
While responsible for creating a few of the 80’s signature hit songs, the band the Police are remembered more for their creativity and talent than for their stature as superstars.
Throughout that time period, the Police never resorted to simple answers or short cuts when writing their songs that so many other bands had taken. [...]
Although Squeeze has been hailed as a popular British “80’s” band, the group has actually been around since the early 70’s —formed by vocalists’ Chris Difford and Glenn Tilbrook. The two had been jamming together for a while, before they recruited additional band members Julian “Jools” Holland (keyboards), Gilson Lavis (drums), and Harry Kakoulli (bass).
During the late eighties, the sexy duo called Milli Vanilli shook their booty as they sang their hit songs “Girl, You Know It’s True” and “Blame It On The Rain” to sold-out crowds, but behind the spotlights and the music a dark secret lurked.
Milli Vanilli was comprised of Fabrice Morvan, a Parisian and Rob [...]
Many of the greatest jazz recordings have been produced when the very best artists come together and bring out the best of each other. In rock music, collaborations like that do not occur nearly as often. A band formed by musicians who are already well known has come to be known as a “Supergroup.” The [...]
- Meatloaf’s Years of Glory
- Discovering – Kenny Loggins
- Duran Duran & Their 80’s Jam
- The Bangles
- J. Geils Band – Back on Track This Summer
- STYX Always a Classic
- The Police Finding Intrigue in Pop Music
- A Little About To Squezee
- The Rise and Fall of Milli Vanilli
- The Supergroup
- Rick Springfield
- Getting Carried Away By AIR SUPPLY
- Missing Persons: Has Anyone Seen Them?
- The Go Go’s – They had the 80′s Beat!
- Rick Springfield The Best Of
- Journey: Through the Decades
- Deborah Gibson: Ditching the “Debbie” Image
- Men at Work are still Hard at Work
- Huey Lewis and The News
- Artists can give fans the capability to critique a whole song, or just parts of a song. This format takes music to a whole new level of listening. With a central location housing the music, an artist can tap many resources throughout the recording process to get feedback on their song. Soundcloud allows the artist to share the whole song, or just enough to make the listener want to hear more when it is released.